Oscars gift bags 2019: Nominees to receive luxury holidays and cannabis truffles
The bags are distributed each year by a marketing company based in LA
Oscars buzz is quickly building as film fans prepare for the biggest awards ceremony of the year.
As if being nominated for an Academy Award wasn’t enough, actors in the run-up for accolades on the night will also be treated to an extensive gift bag that includes luxury holidays, personal training sessions and copious health and beauty products.
The bags, dubbed “Everyone Wins”, are not affiliated with the Oscars themselves, but are distributed to nominees each year by Los Angeles-based marketing agency Distinctive Assets.
This year’s recipients of what the agency describes as a “six-figure swag bag” will include Lady Gaga, Christian Bale, Mahershala Ali, Spike Lee, Rami Malek and Bradley Cooper.
Distinctive Assets founder Lash Fary explains that the aim of the Everyone Wins bags is not to impress with their value, but to celebrate the talents of those in Hollywood and reward them with “fun and festive” gifts.
“A great gift has nothing to do with the cost,” he says.
“We understand the interest in the ‘wow’ number associated with this now-legendary gift bag but we prefer to simply celebrate the fun and festive nature of the contents ... no matter how big or small.”
As for what’s inside this year’s “bag”, nominees will receive a whole host of goods, including their choice of holiday to either Iceland, the Galapagos, the Amazon or Costa Rica and Panama.
Other highlights include private phobia relief sessions with the world’s leading phobia expert, Kalliope Barlis, a week-long trip to a Greek beachfront resort, an organic dinner for two at a restaurant in Los Cabos, Mexico and a week-long retreat at a luxury wellness resort in southern California.
See the full list of contents below:
- A luxury small-ship adventure with International Expeditions (choice of Amazon, Galapagos, Iceland or Costa Rica-Panama voyages)
- Coda Signature premium cannabis-infused edibles, topicals and concentrates
- An annual VIP membership to MOTA ― LA’s first cannabis-friendly social club
- Private phobia relief sessions with the world’s number one phobia expert Kalliope Barlis
- Jarritos-filled Yeti Coolers along with a commitment from Jarritos to donate a pallet of their great-tasting flavored soft drinks to a charitable event of the nominee’s choice
- Premier handcrafted A. Junod Absinthe
- Age Interventionist Renee Lynn’s CBDRxSupreme protocol
- Personal training sessions with celebrity trainer Alexis Seletzky
- AP4GooD limited-edition art T-shirts
- One-of-a-kind custom stained glass portraits from Artist John Thoman
- A week-long Greek beachfront escape at Avaton Luxury Villas Resort
- Blush & Whimsy magical color changing lipstick
- Chocolatines Chocouture Collection
- CloSYS – the spa kit for your mouth
- An Elvie Pump, the world's first silent wearable breast pump
- An organic field-to-table dinner for two at Flora Farms in Los Cabos, Mexico
- A week at the Golden Door luxury wellness resort
- Chocolate from Good Girl Chocolate
- Happiest Tee luxury t-shirts
- High Beauty High Five Cannabis Facial Moisturizer and High Expectations Cannabis Facial Oil Instytutum skincare products
- It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle hair dryer
- Dental health products from Knotty Floss
- Kusshi makeup bag/organizer
- Le Céline Confidence & Star Appeal luxury eyelashes
- Love Is Stronger Than Hate tote bags
- MILLIANNA jewellery items
- Mister Poop Emoji Plunger
- Three day-long stay at Luxury Wellness Retreat in Malibu
- MZ Skin Lift & Lustre serum and Hydra-Bright eye masks
- Poolside dinner from Nest Seekers International for nominee and friends prepared by celebrity chef
- Optimum Nutrition Salted Toffee Pretzel Crisp Bars
- Organic Hair Care products
- A one-year supply of Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation
- Nannette de Gaspé beauty products
- Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies
- PETA Agent for Animals Spy Pens
- Hand-crafted gourmet Posh Pretzels
- Artwork by Reian Williams
- Rouge Maple pure organic maple syrup and Glamour Gourmet gift set
- Hands-free Safety Dog Leash
- Salix all-natural hair-inhibiting lotion
- One-of-a-kind customized fragrances from Sue Phillips of Scenterprises
- Soul Candles from Soul Shropshire
- Southern Wicked Lemonade all-natural lemonade moonshine
- TAPS for Hope Afghan lapis bracelets
- The Beauty Book for Brain Cancer by Darren Tieste
- The Green Garmento Gigantote and reusable garment bags
- Tru Niagen Age Better NAD-increasing dietary supplement
- Rejuvenating beauty treatments from the New York City-based Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich
- VidaHair Growth Natural Hair Growth System
- WSJ. Magazine with free subscription card
- ZuZu Kim Couture Bow Tie
Keep up to date with The Independent‘s Oscars coverage here.