Video shows Christmas tree fire destroy living room in under a minute
The entire room is ablaze within just 46 seconds
The room can be seen engulfed in flames within just 46 seconds of the fire starting.
The Fire Kills Campaign released the video, hoping to highlight the dangers of faulty Christmas tree lights among other potential hazards.
Accompanying the footage, the campaign advised viewers on how to avoid such a scenario.
"A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 46 seconds.
"Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition, turn them off before you go to bed and be safe at home over the festive season. Keeping your tree well watered can also prevent fire from taking hold."
Other safety tips include not overloading sockets with multiple plugs, ensuring all plugs are fitted with correct fuses, wired correctly and that the wiring is not worn or damaged in any way.