Sneakerheads Ibrahim Salha and Linda Sharkey round up their picks from the retailers to celebrate the shoes that changed the trainers game in 1987
It’s Air Max Day on 26 March - yes, it's a thing since 2014 - and to celebrate the sneakers that changed the trainers game in 1987 we've rounded up a selection of styles on the market for him and her.
It celebrates an iconic shoe design that has managed to surpass generations, seeing pop stars, Hollywood and even politicians sporting them, from Rita Ora to Rihanna and President Obama.
American designer Tinker Hatfield was the creative mind behind the famous air bubble shoe and has successfully maintained its popularity for almost three decades. Since its launch, the sportswear giant has released over 50 models of the Air Max, which was originally aimed to athletes and created for sports, but then made popular in subcultures such as hip hop, evolving within streetwear and the fashion industry. These days you can even customise your own pair at a NikeiD space.
For her by Linda Sharkey
1. Nike Silver Air Max Thea Trainers
2. NikeAir Max 90 Premium Women's
3. Nike Air Max 90 (w) Shanghai Must Win Cake Dmb Qs
4. Nike Air Max suede and leather high-top sneakers
5. Nike Air Max Bw Ultra LOTC (London)
For him by Ibrahim Salha
1.Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Essential
2. Nike Air Max 1 Royal
3. Nike Air Max 1
4. Nike Air Max Lunar90 PRM QS’s Suit and Tie Pack
5. Nike Air Max BW Ultra Trainer